1. Scope of Application and Person Responsible
Please note that this website may refer to other websites to which different data protection rules may apply. We assume no responsibility or liability for the observance of data protection rules by such third party websites.
Name and address of the data controller:
Oertli Instrumente AG
Telephone: +41 71 747 42 00
Fax: +41 71 747 42 90
EU data protection representative according to Art. 27 of European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"):
2. Explanations on Data Processing
The processing of your data by us is carried out strictly in accordance with the legal requirements in Switzerland (in particular the Federal Act on Data Protection "FADP") and the EU (in particular the General Data Protection Regulation "GDPR").
2.1 Legal Basis for Data Processing
In general, the following legal justifications are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data:
- a) Insofar as we obtain your consent for the processing, Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR serve as the respective legal basis.
- b) In accordance with Art. 27 para. 2 lit. a FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR, a contractual relationship may serve as legal basis if the processing of Personal Data is required in direct connection with the conclusion or performance of a contract. This also applies to processing operations in order to implement pre-contractual measures.
- c) Insofar as processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR may serve as legal basis.
- d) For further processing, we may rely on our legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, for example, to ideally adapt and continuously improve our services to the needs of our customers and to carry out marketing activities in order to be able to offer you suitable products or services and to display advertisements that are relevant to you. If you are of the opinion that our interests described here do not override your interests or basic rights, you have the right to object to these data processing operations at any time within the legal framework (see item 5).
2.2 Scope of Data Processing
2.2.1 Provision of the Website and Creation of Log Files
Our website collects a number of general data with every visit. These general data and information are stored in the log files of the server. The following data is recorded:
- IP address,
- Date and time of the request,
- Time zone difference to GMT time zone,
- Content of the request,
- Access status/http status code,
- Amount of data transferred in each case,
- Internet site from which the request originated,
- Browser (including language and version),
- Operating system.
When using this general data, no allocation to a specific person takes place. The collection of this data is technically necessary to display our website and to ensure its stability and security. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose of its collection. The collection and temporary storage of this data for the purpose of providing the website is mandatory for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility to object thereto as user.
2.2.2 Contact Form
Our website uses so-called cookies. Cookies are text files that are stored in the internet browser or by the internet browser on the user's computer system. If a user visits a website, a cookie can be stored on the user's operating system. This cookie contains a characteristic string of characters that enables the browser to be uniquely identified when the website is visited again.
The legal basis for processing your data in connection with cookies is Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a and f GDPR.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of a corresponding setting in the internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via an internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all common internet browsers. If the person concerned deactivates the setting of cookies in the internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be fully usable anymore.
Among other things, we currently use the following cookies for analysis and advertising purposes:
184.108.40.206 Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
2.2.4 Social Media Plug-Ins
We currently use the social media plug-ins listed in the table below. We use the so-called two-click solution, whereby no Personal Data is passed on to the providers of the plug-ins when visiting our website. The plug-in provider will receive the information that you have visited our website only if you click on the marked plug-in field and thereby activate it. In addition, the data mentioned in section 2.2.1 of this declaration will be transmitted. The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses this data for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. The legal basis for processing your data in connection with social media plug-ins is Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures of the plug-in providers. These are subject to the respective data protection declarations of the third-party providers. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers, which are provided below.
- Facebook Inc. (Facebook Inc.): https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update?ref=old_policy
- Instagram (Facebook Inc.): https://help.instagram.com/402411646841720
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company): https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?_l=en_EN
- YouTube (Google Inc.): https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
2.2.5 Google Maps
With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our latest offers. For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called opt-in procedure. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your email address, title, first name and last name which we store after your registration. The legal basis for the processing of your data in connection with our newsletter is Art. 27 para. 1 FADP and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail.
3. Data Transmission
With the exception of the data transmissions expressly mentioned in this declaration, we will not disclose your data to third parties.
4. Storage Period
We use and retain your data only as long as it is necessary for the processing purpose in question or for as long as there is another legal basis for doing so. We will retain data that we possess on the basis of a contractual relationship with you at least as long as the contractual relationship exists and limitation periods for possible claims run for us or statutory or contractual retention obligations exist.
5. Your Rights
You have the following rights against us with regard to your Personal Data:
- Right of access or rectification,
- Right of cancellation or restriction,
- Right of objection,
- Right of withdrawal,
- Right of appeal.
5.1 Right of Access or Rectification
You have the right to receive information from us at any time and free of charge about whether and which of your Personal Data we process. In addition, you can demand that we correct or complete incorrect data about you in our systems.
5.2 Right to Deletion and Restriction
You have the right to request us to delete or limit the processing of your Personal Data.
Please note that even after your request for deletion of your Personal Data, we may be required to retain it due to legal or contractual obligations to retain it (e.g. for billing purposes) and in this case we will only restrict or block your data as necessary. Furthermore, a deletion of your data may result in the fact that you can no longer obtain or use the services you have registered for.
5.3 Right of Objection
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, which you can assert with us.
5.4 Right of Withdrawal
If data processing on our website is based on your consent, you can revoke this consent for the future at any time without giving reasons. The revocation is to be addressed to the person responsible via the contact details in section 1.
5.5 Right of Complaint
Where applicable, you have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority about the processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting the supervisory authority at your place of residence, place of work or the place where a breach of the data protection rules is suspected.
6. Data Security
To protect your data, we use, among other things, encoding during data transmission and have implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Data processed via our website is protected as completely as possible.
7. Adaptations of this Data Protection Declaration